Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

End of Alaska and the Longest Fall Ever


Alaska was a pretty rocking time. I spent August and September living in a house with 5 other women--much less interesting than my campground abode. I was working for the Park Service as bird counter, data analyzer, and professional hiker and helicopter-rider.


When I left Skagway on October 8th, fall had swept on by and winter had set in. Eventually we caught up with fall on our way back down. It was like turning back time. Sweet!

I managed to hit many spectacular things on the way down South, from the glaciers of Banff to the flatlands of Alberta, down through Crater Lake, Redwoods National Forest, and Yosemite. Pretty amazing trip!

Hiking in the Plain of Six Glaciers in Lake Louise, Banff National Park.

Driving through Alberta, Canada with a storm on the horizon.

A clear day at Crater Lake--deepest freshwater lake in North America.

Half Dome, waterfalls, and snow-capped peaks made Yosemite pretty amazing.

After making it all the way home, I spent two months recovering financially (i.e. working) and planning the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment